2012: The Year of the Goblins

I've been keeping the computer switched off over Christmas, and feeling rather better for it, so this is probably my last blog post for a while.  I have a lot of writing to do, and that will be easier without the endless distractions of Twitter, Reddit and the rest.  All this blogging and social networking is very enjoyable and feels quite productive, but it doesn't produce books.  So my New Year's Resolution is to pull the plug on this box of tricks and fetch out notebooks and pencils.  Some time in the next month or so my blog and website will be having an overhaul, and I may have a couple of school events and some other news to report, but otherwise I shall be keeping quiet until late March or early April, when my new book GOBLINS is released (you can pre-order it here).




By that time, if all goes to plan, GOBLINS 2: The Sequel will be finished, and I'll be able to take time off to blog a bit about the goblins and their world before I dive into my next writing project, Fever Crumb 4,  which I made a start on some months ago and am itching to get back to.

In the summer, the original Mortal Engines quartet will finally be published again in the USA, with some snazzy new covers, and there will be new covers for the UK editions, too.

Thank you for reading this blog, and for following it if you have been.  I'll still be checking my Facebook page regularly, and I'll try to reply promptly to e-mails sent to thesolitarybee@gmail.com.

2011 has been one of the most roller-coaster-y and least popular years I can remember.  Here's hoping that 2012 will be an improvement in every way!